Glitter Monogram Pom Pom Winter Wreath
- 10″ foam wreath (Michaels $3.99)
- Thick and fuzzy white yarn (Michaels $4.99)
- Dried, natural pom-poms (Michaels $4.00)
- Natural/Cream colored crepe paper for pinwheel ruffle flowers (Party or local Paper store $2.00)
- 5″ glittered metal initial (local paper store [Paper Tales] $4.00)
- Scissors, fishing string or white thread, hot glue gun
Wrap wreath with yarn. Start by hot gluing the start of the yarn on the designated back side of your wreath. Begin to wrap and keep the yard pulled semi-tight, but not too tight to loose the plush look of this particular yarn. Once complete, cut the yarn and glue it to the backside of the wreath.
Prepare all your details! Create 6-8 crepe paper pinwheel ruffle flowers by folding the crepe paper accordion style while keeping the center portion gathered. See photo. Glue to complete the look.
Using the string, tie the sparkle initial on both ends so it hangs perfectly centered inside your wreath.
Choosing a side (I liked the lower left corner best), begin clustering and gluing the dried natural pom poms in the midst of the crepe paper pinwheel ruffle flowers to the yarn covered wreath.
And volia! There you have it. Another easy, fun DIY wreath for the season. If you’d like to make it to fit Valentines day, use red & pink crepe paper for the ruffle flowers for a pop of color or glue colored hearts in the centers of the ruffles. Enjoy!
Photos: Ashlyn from Carter & Cook Event Co.